Our client is one of the UK’s leading Food brands. The Food Industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Quality Assurer (QA) and is situated in Central Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The Quality Assurer (QA) is responsible for undertaking all of the checks necessary to ensure that materials and finished products meet legal requirements and the requirements of the business and our customers.
• Carry out all QA checks correctly and at the defined frequencies to ensure that all products are being produced within specification.
• Conduct checks at defined frequencies to ensure that the CCP’s are within critical limits.
• Immediately inform the Production Supervisor/Manager and the QA Supervisor when any test results are out of specification or have deviated outside of critical limits for CCP’s.
• Complete intake checks on raw materials and packaging materials.
• Notify the QA Supervisor when results from intake checks are out of specification.
• Accurately completing all paperwork.
• Actively encouraging all staff to work to GMP (good manufacturing practices) and GHP (good hygienic practices).
• Correct staff who are not following company rules and procedures.
• Undertake additional work as required by the QA Supervisor or other management members of the Technical Department.
• Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• A team player.
• Professional approach and attitude.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience in the food industry.
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing.
• Level 2 Foundation HACCP.
• Previous experience working in a quality assurance role is desirable.
• Previous experience of working in the food industry is desirable.
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• From £22,000 – £23,000
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with Craig Russell ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me on 0131 226 5060 for more information.