My client who are a leading Food Manufacturer in Norfolk are looking for a focussed and experienced Quality and Hygiene Manager with a great attention to detail to join their team. This role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK most successful food manufacturers. This is the ideal step for anyone looking to progress and develop their career in the food industry.
The Role – (including but not limited too)
• Achievement of Site KPIs/Regulatory Standards and outstanding grades in both internal and external audits.
• Define and deliver continuous improvement activity within area
• Carry out 1-1s with direct reports to include planned actions and related performance
• Planning for and driving levels of accountability for food safety culture across site
• Ensure suitable capability is developed across product quality and standards
• Actively lead Quality and Food Safety Audits
• Coordinate the activities of the Quality & hygiene teams, necessary to maintain and improve factory standards
• Deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence
• To lead the process of GMP audits and provide leadership to the site to ensure the integrity of the site standards in line with BRC and customer codes of practice.
• Lead the investigation and management of foreign bodies found on site or via consumer complaints
• To lead the development and maintenance of a live and effective Work Instructions and Cleaning Schedules for manufacturing and general areas.
• Develop specific procedures for changeovers, deep cleaning and overhead cleaning.
• To monitor the effectiveness of cleaning through audits and to be responsible for arranging hygiene/cleaning training for staff. Advise factory management team as to improvement measures that need to be taken to deliver required standards.
The Candidate –
• Technical/Quality/Hygiene experience within food manufacturing
• Excellent experience of HACCP and Food Safety (Level 3)
• Extensive experience of BRC accreditation and customer codes of practice
• Focused on continuous improvement
• Comfortable managing and influencing a team
What’s on offer –
• Professional freedom within the role
• Competitive salary up to £40,000 (DOE)
• Mon – Fri flexible (37.5 hours per week)
• 25 + 8 days holiday
• Company performance bonus
• Discount scheme