Our client is a successful Food Manufacturer based on a combination of tradition and innovation. Now an exciting opportunity arises to join the team…
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the quality assurance team to ensure all products are manufactured safely and meet or exceed customer specifications.
• To ensure all QA team members are fully trained to be able to carry out their job responsibilities to a high standard.
• To manage and motivate a team of Quality Assurance personnel, who will audit the Quality Systems according to a defined schedule.
• To ensure that all technical policies and procedures are adhered to within the manufacturing environment and review compliance.
• HACCP – ensure that CCP are monitored and verified
• To ensure Technical Systems are adequately monitored so that documentary evidence can be provided to support a “due diligence” defence in the event of a food safety or quality issue.
• Manage process deviations
• Ensure all agreed testing schedules are adhered to e.g., finished products, environment, taste panel
• Attend customer panels as required.
• Support the site actively during Customer or Third-Party Audits
• Investigation of customer complaints and trending and communication of these investigations to customers as appropriate
• Technical liaison for contractors and service providers e.g., pest control contractor
• Planning and maintaining the validation schedule
• To ensure raw materials are tested to an agreed schedule
• Manage the supplier non-conformance system to ensure raw materials meet specification or is rejected
You must have a proven track record leading a team within the Food Manufacturing sector. Applications are welcome from QA Supervisors looking for the next step. Knowledge of BRC is desirable. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader and be part of a professional yet friendly team!
Mon-Fri Office Hours
20 Days holidays + Banks
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.