QA Manager, East Midlands
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
I am currently recruiting a QA Manager for my client who is a well-established Food Manufacturer based in Lincolnshire.
• Have a shared responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of the BRC global Standard for Food.
• Internal auditing to reflect the needs of the business and to meet due diligence requirements in respect of hygiene/housekeeping, policies/procedures and documentation. Corrective action and recommendations to reflect results and outcomes.
• Carry out Technical hygiene audits to ensure that both internal and external hygiene cleaning teams are operating within agreed procedures, standards and cleaning schedules.
• Ensure that all new products meet the QA standards as previously defined and systems and control documentation are implemented within appropriate timescales to support operational and commercial needs. All own label new products to comply with specific customer requirements.
• Ensure all packaging meets customer and legal requirements.
• Raise specific items of concern relating to food safety or quality or other areas of major concern that would otherwise affect the success of the company in achieving the strategic objectives.
• In conjunction with the Engineering Department and their team ensure all structures, plant and equipment are maintained in a safe condition. Ensure issues raised in GMP audits are documented.
• Ensure the traceability system is operative and complete regular challenges of the system.
• Ensure all products are tested according to specification for micro and chemistry standards. Address any non-conformances accordingly.
• Monitor output to ensure that final product meets customer specifications and to resolve any alleged non-compliance situations.
• Experience of Quality Systems and customer visits/audits.
• FMCG background.
• Full driving licence.
• Degree/HND in food science or equivalent.
• Level 3 Food Safety.
• Level 3 HACCP.
What’s on Offer?
• A salary of up to £38,000
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information please call Jamie Clayton at D R Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060