Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. Now is an excellent time to build on your experience with this progressive company. It is also important to stress that this business has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing…
In the role of QA, the key focus will be to assist in the production of safe food, which meets customer specification and legal requirements by ensuring the effective operations of agreed procedures through regular auditing.
• Working a 4 day on/3 day off shift pattern (Wednesday to Saturday one week, then Thursday to Saturday the next) – 08.00 20.00 .
• Sample, test, audit and monitor to verify that all processes, procedures and products are being manufactured in a safe and compliant manner.
• Conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated to comply with required standards.
• Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal and external audits and highlighting when non- conformance requires corrective action.
• Maintain on going communication with the team and other relevant functions ensuring they are fully aware of quality assurance results.
• Collect all relevant samples (products, swabs, water samples etc.), with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled.
• Provide technical support & advice to operational staff and other teams to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards, seeking guidance and advice from area leaders and Technical Management where necessary.
• Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the safety, health and environment policy.
• Test traceability of finished product for legal compliance audits, customer complaint and out of specification micro investigations.
• Communicate effectively between the team, shifts and all other functions
• Incident report writing, collection and presentation of data
• Undertaking project work as part of the technical team
You will come from any food background or factory based industry, more important is your ability to work well as part of a team. This business can offer excellent career progression prospects for the right individual.
Continental shift pattern, 8AM-8PM
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.