QA- 12 MONTH CONTRACT, South West England
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
QA- 12 MONTH MATERNITY COVER CONTRACT
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Food Manufacturer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. It is also important to stress this business has been very resilient to the COVID Climate and the popularity of products shows no signs of diminishing! With a very low turnover of staff and a real emphasis on high quality products, now a fantastic opportunity arises to join this successful outfit...
- Carry out a range of manual tasks and activities and ensure all tasks are finished within permitted time frames.
- Audit and monitor processes making recommendations for any adjustments necessary to achieve product and process specification and procedure.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all products produced site wide and the procedures that surround that production and the paperwork that relates to them.
- Input data as required by department’s needs.
- Ensuring product safety and quality meets specification and procedure.
- Be fully competent in completing all QA functions.
- Perform all aspects of on line checks of product, packaging, labelling and procedure, ensuring compliance with specification.
- To routinely check factory paperwork and report/action issues efficiently.
- To carry out swabbing and all aspects of the start up procedure.
- To be able to carry out checks against specification.
- Confidant in carry out area temperature checks, scale checks and probe calibrations
- Familiar with HACCP and know all CCP’s in site operations.
- Carry out gas analysis on packaging and completing of relevant paperwork.
Ideally you will have a track record in QA within Food Manufacturing although applications are also welcome from production/lab backgrounds as well as other manufacturing industries.
The shifts are 8 hour shifts on a rotating pattern, with start times being 5.30, 6.00, 7.00, 14.00, 18.00.
Shifts will rotate weekly with the rota provided a month in advance. Generally work will be MON-FRI although flexibility is required for some weekend work.
The working hours are 40 a week and if overtime needed there is rota too.
Salary for someone with no experience or limited experience is £9ph whilst training id done (usually 1-3 months) and as soon as training is done they move to £11ph (may start on £11ph for someone already experienced). Overtime is paid minimum 1.5 but depending on the day could go to 1.8 or 2.00 times the basic rate.
They have a further training and development programme, and as soon as they reach “Grade 1” QA, which may take up to a year or so, salary is £14ph (just over £29k!)
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.