Production Supervisor, Central Scotland
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high quality products for a range of customers, they have an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join their site Management team.
• Supervise and manage the day to day kitchen production operations, processes and systems.
• Delegating work to staff, managing their workload and output in order to meet deadlines.
• Liaise with sales/admin staff and technical department on a regular basis.
• Oversee production processes to ensure compliance of HACCP.
• Develop the team through training, appraisals and reviews and ensure staff are compliant with HACCP procedures at all times.
• Ensure operations are conducted in compliance with product specifications, quality, productivity targets and food standards legislation.
• Ensure input stock is controlled and reviewed regularly to meet production needs.
• Ensure Health and Safety Policies are adhered to.
• Manage a team of workers and deal with personnel issues such as training, absences, grievances and discipline of staff.
• Hold weekly meetings with team leaders and attend weekly meetings with senior management to review performance.
• Organise the repair and scheduled maintenance of production equipment.
• Experience of using forming machines, multi-head weighers and form fill seal baggers
• You will be highly organised and will have the ability to plan production schedules to meet current and future requirements effectively to meet the needs of the business, especially at peak supply times.
• You will have food hygiene and HACCP training.
• You will have excellent people and communication skills.
• You will have the ability to use a range of Microsoft programs
What’s on offer?
• Working hours Sun to Thu - 5 x 8 hours shifts - 22.00 to 06.00
• Starting salary of £27.5k + £3.5k shift allowance
• 28 days annual leave per year.
• Government enrolment pension
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.