Production Scheduler, Central Scotland
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a leading FMCG business in Central Scotland and a distinctly individual business. Home to incredible brands, over 6000 brilliant people and big ambitions
A vacancy has arisen for a Production Planner to join the Supply Chain team
This role will suit a forward-thinking candidate with a good understanding of planning processes who will assist with a large transformation project.
• Develop a local production schedule using the SAP PPDS planning tool, converting weekly Supply Planner requirements into a production schedule
• Revise the production schedule to accommodate changing needs and convert planned orders into sequenced process orders
• Review schedule regularly and escalate at risk production/capacity issues
• Ensure that the production plan is executable, requirements utilise the resource capacity and are carried out in line with process flow expectations
• Organisational relationships
• Reporting to main Scheduler as part of Production organisation structure
• Appropriate levels of interaction with Supply Chain, Quality, and Process Development groups are necessary
• Ideally with a recognised degree or higher level educational qualification (eg BSc, MSc, HNC, HND etc)
• General understanding of business and manufacturing processes and production systems.
• You will need to be highly organised, have a sharp analytical aptitude, balanced decision making skills, and the ability to communicate in a timely manner.
• The role requires proficiency with Excel, Word and scheduling software applications and those with experience of the SAP PPDS module will be particularly well suited.
• Experience in a Food, Drink or Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry
What’s on Offer?
• £31K salary + Great Benefits
• A company dedicated to its people- Culture of opportunity & learning where staff can gain skills & qualifications to achieve their full potential