Production Planner, Yorkshire
Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
Due to internal promotions, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner to join a fantastic FMCG company in South Yorkshire.
As an experienced planner you will be required to formulate daily production plans and reforecast as required. You will also need to closely monitor the progress of the factory to ensure we are consistently achieving 100% service level
• To facilitate the day-to-day running of all Planning activities
• Manage and maintain all systems and planning processes as required
• Calculate and order as required all top level raw materials
• Control and campaign all required product lines providing an effective and efficient planning function across all departments
• Operate in line with business goals, objectives, technical parameters and safety policy
• Plan and schedule production lines and work stations as required.
• Plan and schedule all raw material requirements
• Liaise closely with all production managers, identify all threats to the plan and help devise solutions
• Ensure planned production achieves the most cost effective utilisation of time, labour, materials and packaging. Review and challenge production schedules to ensure best practice
• Balance, control and management of all inventory (finished goods/raw/WIP)
• Identify and progress any cost saving opportunities
• Maintain customer service levels both internal and external to a minimum 99.5% (target 100%)
• Strong experience of production planning
• Highly organized with high literacy and numeracy
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Worked for a minimum of 2 years in a planning role (preferably within the food industry)
• Sound knowledge of ERP systems.
• Experience of working and meeting KPIs
• Solid organisational, analytical and problem-solving ability
• The ability to work well on your own initiative and highly motivated
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible, can-do attitude
What's on offer?
• Salary of up to £30,000
• Excellent benefits package
• Genuine progression opportunities
Interviews will be held ASAP so please contact Toby from D R Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060
itt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060