One of our manufacturing clients in West Lothian has notified us of an exciting new opportunity in the planning department. They’re seeking an experienced production planner with 3+ years’ experience within a manufacturing environment, due to this being a standalone position reporting into the Ops Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to join a renowned company in the manufacturing sector.
• Control the work schedule and efficiency systems, make sure they are up to date and all information available is correct.
• Control and maintain the capacity and sales systems, so we can identify forward issues with capacity and advise of sales expected.
• Update sales when customer’s issue volume updates so we are always live.
• Create and maintain the forward operations plans of 6 to 8 weeks so the plant has good visibility of the oncoming weeks and can plan resources.
• Communicate with all department heads in advance so they are aware of any changes to the planning flow, this is so capacity calculations can be reviewed and weaknesses found.
• Plan all tool sample runs required as part of the NPI process and communicate with the NPI team, plant teams in advance.
• Communicate with material division before making any major changes to the production plan or adding any unplanned tools, this is to avoid problems.
• To input the plan on IQMS for real time to work and to add work orders.
• Monitor and track issues within real-time and report them to the relevant people.
• Issue daily updates, giving a status of the real time and the plan so departments know what can be cut short, this is to reduce calls out of hours (via email)
• Maintain low tool fitting as much as possible to save on downtime, target 8-hour production runs and highlight any less than this so we can issue a set up charge if required.
• Attend daily production meetings as requested.
• Follow the planning instructions were applicable and update them as required.
• Work with the Operations Manager and Plant Manager on all aspects of production planning, including run hours etc.
• You will be required to produce clear and effective documentation of both a detailed and descriptive nature using graphical and statistical information.
• Set and manage stock holdings for finished goods with the warehouse Team Leader and communicate to customers when needed.
• Review stock levels regularly and target zero stock older than 3 months old, monitor the provisions report which supports this
• Ability to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines
• Forward thinking: excellent planning skills with the ability to anticipate potential obstacles
• Good time-management and organisational skills
• Problem solver with strong analytical skills
• Target driven and customer focussed
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Highly self-motivated, resilient, positive attitude
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
• Diligent with excellent attention to detail
• Systematic and with attention to detail.
What the job offers
• Industry competitive salary
• Opportunity to work with a well-established renowned company in the manufacturing sector