Production Planner 4 ON 4 OFF, Yorkshire
Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
Are you looking to join a successful business?
My client is a Food Manufacturer that has developed well through a combination of tradition and innovation. Now an excellent opportunity arises to join this dynamic team with brilliant progression prospects!
As a successful candidate you will:
* Be resilient and able to deal with challenges and changes as they come at you.
* Always aim to keep a positive attitude no matter what the day may throw at you.
* Be adaptable: job rotation is common within the planning department, you will gain experience in all areas that the planning team covers. This is crucial for covering annual leave and keeping things interesting.
* Actively manage data that will feed into daily production plans.
* Issue daily production plans and consider medium and long term goals.
* Be proactive not reactive. We have to consider a lot of elements when planning such as shelf life, fluctuating sales forecasts, line capacity/availability, clean downs, allergens, equipment availability and ingredient lead time. Therefore, you will need to confidently lock off productions plans in advance knowing that you have considered all of these factors.
* Have attention to detail, we work with manual systems and there isn’t currently a fancy computer system to help us so excellent excel skills are required. (We have invested in a system and are currently building it).
* Proactively manage stocks and liaise with the relevant departments to resolve any issues.
* Have good problem solving skills and make quick decisions for situations such as breakdowns / raw material shortages etc.
* Maintain our mainly excel based systems and be able to use it to report key facts and figures to management when requested such as stock holding levels.
* Work with other departments to plan and successfully execute product launches.
* Escalate complex issues to the senior planner to deal with.
* Be a great communicator and be able to work confidently and independently.
* Have proficient excel skills required and a willingness to learn new IT systems.
If you are an organized person that can think logically and can deal with challenges from other departments then this might be the role for you!
In return we will offer on the job training, a competitive salary and a great place to work.
Desirable Requirements for this role:
* At least a 2:1 degree in a relevant area such as Business Management, IT, or Mathematics for example.
* Intermediate to Advanced Excel experience. You must be able to create and interpret spreadsheets and graphs.
* the ability to learn and continuously improve, numerical ability
This role reports to the Senior Planner.
Days of work are on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern and the core hours of work are 6am - 6pm with 1 hour paid lunch. Your own transport would be ideal due to our location in Malton.
Flexibility is essential for this role as depending on the business requirements, working hours may vary.
Salary: £23,215 per annum based on an average 42 hour week with the potential to increase to £25,000 per annum based on agreed learning achievements and responsibilities.
22 full shifts holiday.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.