My client is currently looking for a Production Manager.
The business has a great reputation for the quality of their products, they strive to provide a fantastic place for their employees to work and look to make sure that they are environmentally responsible.
As a Production Manager you will be responsible for the on-time and efficient delivery of quality products on the production floor. You will continuously monitor and improve production processes to ensure maximum output, cost efficiency and safe working conditions. A large part of the job involves the training and management of a production team. The Production Manager plans work schedules, provides guidance for production team members and takes disciplinary action when needed. They also report on a team’s performance to a Manufacturing Manager and make recommendations regarding ways to improve employee efficiency and job satisfaction.
This is a business that looks after their people, they're true to their values and have a brilliant culture in place – You MUST be passionate about food quality and customer service to fall in line with what this company is all about!
• Ensuring that production processes are in line with company and regulatory requirements
• Monitoring productivity rates, standards and quality control
• Training and coaching production team members
• Communicating expectations to production team members and evaluating their performance
• Regularly checking the machinery and checkpoints to ensure safe and efficient workflow
• Compiling reports about production and providing management with updates
• Managing the repair or replacement of faulty production equipment
• Ensuring all resources and assets are used efficiently and correctly
• Implementing safety, health, environment and quality requirements
Apart from monitoring the equipment and goods on a production floor, you will be interacting with people throughout their working day. The job involves building effective work relationships with other departments, reporting to management and overseeing a production team, so you should have excellent interpersonal skills. A successful Production Manager will also have various prerequisite skills and qualifications that typically include:
• Leadership skills with the ability to persuade and influence at all levels
• Strong communication skills to actively listen to stakeholders and clearly verbalise ideas and action plans.
• Solid problem solving, diagnostic and analytical skills, with a results focused approach
• Excellent organisational skills to plan production schedules and ensure the availability of necessary materials and equipment
• Good time-management skills to minimise downtime and ensure a team works efficiently
• The ability to cope with pressure and make sound decisions quickly
• Knowledge of H&S, process safety and engineering processes
• Experience in food manufacturing, or continuous process industries
• Ideally educated to HND/degree level in a Production, Manufacturing or Engineering discipline or the ability to operate at this level
What’s on offer
The client will look to reward you with a competitive remuneration package, including a competitive base salary, shift allowance, twice annual business performance bonuses, health care plan and 32 days annual leave.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, you will only be contacted if your CV is of interest for the role.