Job type: Permanent
• An excellent opportunity has arisen to become a production manager with one of the largest manufacturers in the world. This role would report into the site manager and will require the successful candidate to provide leadership of the site operations team.
• Effectively manage the whole process from wheat intake to the position of supplying either bulk or bagged flour availability to the distribution team achieving Right first-time principles.
• Lead the site operations team to achieve a cost-effective integrated milling and warehouse operation, meeting all manufacturing performance standards in terms of output, quality & yield, consistent with corporate and regulatory requirements
• Ensure effective implementation of all Safety, Health, Environmental and Food safety requirements directly related to the overall operation.
• Pro-actively assist with the effective management of the integrity of site operational assets to ensure they are able to operate in a safe, efficient manner in line with the business needs
• Leadership skills with the ability to persuade and influence at all levels
• Strong problem solving, diagnostic and analytical skills, with a results focused approach
• Strong communication skills and an excellent team player
• Ideally educated to HND/degree level in a Production, Manufacturing or Engineering discipline or the ability to operate at this level
• Experience in food manufacturing, or continuous process industries
• Project management experience preferred
• Knowledge of H&S, process safety and engineering processes
If this position sounds like one you would be interested in hearing more about then please apply and Jamie Lunn from D R Newitt recruitment will be in touch.