Our client is one of the UK’s leading food brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Production Manager and is situated in The North of Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The role holder will be responsible to effectively manage resources so as to achieve planned production conformance and to maximise operational efficiencies whilst maintaining best possible standards in terms of Safety, Hygiene, Quality, Food Safety, legislative compliance, quantity and Cost.
• Responsible for a team of between approximately 50 and 150 people – leading, motivating and developing them to ensure the effective delivery of the department’s targets.
• Responsible for maximising the use of all resource available within the designated area (people – agency and directly employed staff, equipment, raw material & financial).
• Effective delivery of area operational performance and plan achievement. Maximising performance against agreed departmental KPI’s
• Driving continuous improvement through initiative and leadership
• Management of internal relationships, up, down and across the business structure. Working effectively with all team members to ensure operational effectiveness.
• Drive effective communication and engagement within the team and outside your area of responsibility
• Responsible for ensuring product conformity – legal, company and customer specification.
• Ensures that administration systems, policies and procedures are completed, utilised and adhered to in an effective manner
• 5+ years previous management experience gained within a similar production environment.
• Experience of developing and motivating large teams towards the delivery of demanding production targets
• A skilled communicator with the ability to direct and coach a team.
• A sound and demonstrable knowledge of Safety, Hygiene, Quality, Food Safety, legislation, Quantity and Cost
• Previous budgetary accountability and working knowledge of financial reporting.
• A self-starter who can work effectively using own initiative and with proven capability to systematically problem solve in complex and dynamic situations.
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is negotiable based on experience.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with Craig Russell ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me on 0131 226 5060 for more information.