Production Manager, Central Scotland
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a leading Food Manufacturer with some well-loved products, they are currently seeking a Production Manager to join their site leadership.
As a Production Manager, you will succeed through your people, delivering a culture that is friendly, welcoming and supportive.
Comfortable and capable of coaching teams to achieve results and be working towards a zero-loss environment.
Working in a highly competitive, fast-paced market and located at 'Site' reporting to the Operations Manager, the role holder will be a key member of the Site Operational Team and Production Management Team. Ownership and accountability for the following are essential.
• Ensuring the Manufacturing area is a safe, efficient and quality focused operation which satisfies all stakeholder expectations and requirements.
• As part of a Production Management Team taking responsibility for day to day operational performance and ensures any issues are dealt with in the first instance and communicated to relevant Functional Managers.
• Ensuring a continual drive to jointly deliver, with relevant functions; a Site plan to prevent reoccurrence of any issues.
• Identify/drive continuous on-site improvement.
• Carry out simple process optimisations.
• Undertake ongoing adjustments of process and equipment following process indicators and product quality.
• Takes responsibility for coaching and developing their teams through effective performance management and promotes a culture in which lean manufacturing, both structurally and culturally is effective and sustainable.
• Encourages a culture where leadership and working in partnership to drive operational performance are demonstrated through adopting coaching and supportive behaviours.
• Responsible for developing a budget that releases cost ahead of inflation and for delivery the same.
• Responsible for ensuring that best practice is shared between group sites and implemented on own site.
• Leadership skills (Essential) - leads by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty, and integrity.
• Accepts responsibility and takes ownership of problems, sees change as an opportunity
• Delegates, empowers and motivates people to achieve goals.
• Managing people in a change environment (essential).
• Specific experience of managing continuous improvement processes (essential)
• Project Management skills (desirable)
• Highly motivated
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Strong impact and influencing skills
• Sound financial and analytical skills
• Inquisitive nature
• Tenacity for resolving problems in the short and long term
• Good communication & presentation skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to motivate multi-disciplined teams to achieve specific objectives.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and actively lead continual improvement
What’s on offer?
• Competitive base salary (up to £38,000 DOE).
• Working Monday to Friday 07.30-16.30 with every third Saturday morning 08.00 to finish.
• Enrolment pension.
• 28 days annual leave.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.