To ensure all products manufactured meet the required standards of safety, legality and quality at all times, whilst achieving production targets of both flour and finished products.
To ensure the plant is set up correctly and process lines monitored, guaranteeing the efficient running of the production lines, and reducing any downtime and poor finished product being produced.
To carry out man management, ensuring everyone works as a team and to the best of
To maintain stock levels to satisfy customer demands whilst delivering a quality product.
To account for throughput, labour resources and reduction of wastage.
• Performance vs agreed production targets.
• Monitoring Key Performance Indicators in order to achieve maximum production per shift e.g. Tonnes per hour, wastage, feedback and failed finished product produced. Manipulation of production order to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Account for downtime and wastage.
• Training and management of the production team, knowing when and where your team are having difficulties and giving help and training to meet individual needs to enable each member to do their job effectively.
• Carry out training and reviews for new starters and experienced production
• employees as necessary.
• Shift rota planning and holiday cover.
• Communicate competently with all levels of the production team and allow others to make small decisions and organise themselves under the guidance and responsibility of their foreman.
• Production Figures, Record Keeping and Planning:
• Collection of accurate facts and figures.
• Check records recorded by chargehands and operatives and implement changes for improvement.
• Ensure record keeping is always available and up to date.
• Analysis at daily meeting: production performance.
• Organise the production and/or packing of product to ensure all customer orders are fulfilled on time.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, producing work related documents and spreadsheets.
• Database input and analysis required.
• Competent in the use of UNIX.
• Competent in the use of Imaje, producing accurate labels and altering any settings to ensure smooth running of the bag label printers.
• Monitor and amend Work Instructions.
• Carry out risk assessments as required.
• Hygiene/Internal audits – delegate jobs and monitor.
• Check shift rota, cover shortages: sickness or holiday.
• Monitor all health and safety aspects in the factory, and report any anomalies. Check stocks.
• Carry out Toolbox Talks.
• Achieving set goals
• Problem solver
• Ability to use
• Willingness to accept responsibility
• Good listening skills
• Ability to develop co-operative relationships with other staff at all levels
• Good with facts and figures – an ability to identify opportunities and trends IT skills
• Drive to compete and excel and a strong desire to improve Positive can do attitude
• Requirement to be on a callout rota with the other Foreman.
• Requirement to cover shifts due to sickness or holidays if alternative cover cannot be found. Requirement to fulfil daily task before leaving the site.
• Hands on approach when required.