Our client is one of the UK’s leading food brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Product Quality & Compliance Assistant and is situated in Central Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application.
• Maintaining supplier files to ensure all information required is present and up to date.
• Organisation of sample room – Maintain good housekeeping / sample records including library of BBE’s, Lot codes etc.
• QAS documentation per product, quality, and sensory analysis of finished goods – as and when required.
• QA checks over shelf-life – Photograph, document, establish quality attributes halfway, end of life, capture changes.
• Effectively manage investigation on quality matters and incidents ensuring all issues are dealt with promptly; able to challenge and implement corrective action reporting all non-conforming products.
• Actively manage complaints system, end-to-end from receiving from customer to closing off the complaint and reporting trends and updating supplier scorecards.
• Gain and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of our product ranges.
• You are naturally inquisitive, self-motivated & enthusiastic, and keen to go above and beyond to achieve for the business.
• We are looking for a forward thinker with the ability to identify, agree and execute continuous improvement across all they do.
• You’re up for a challenge and thrive on a busy schedule and are always on the lookout for ways to improve things.
• You have exceptional attention to detail and are always on the lookout for ways to improve things.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Degree in BSc Food Technology, BSc Nutrition, BSc Food Science or related scientific discipline
• Knowledge of the FMCG sector would be advantageous.
• Previous QA experience desirable but non-essential
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Computer literate (Excel & Word)
• Good communication skills (Written and Verbal)
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is £25,000+
• Additional bonuses from the company’s performance.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.