Job Title: Product Development Technologist
Location: East Midlands
Do you consider yourself an ambitious self-starter with a passion for innovative trend-based product development? Then I invite you to join our team as a Product Development Technologist and play a play a pivotal role in driving my client’s innovative success across the UK market!
About them: A renowned leader in the UK food industry with an extensive cooking sauces portfolio across major brands. Driven by innovation and creativity, they are targeting 10% of the company’s turnover to be generated through innovations each year!
• Deliver the R&D programme for NPD/EPD/ESG for the related product area.
• Lead scale-up development via pilot plant & factory trials with operations and site technical teams
• Work independently and with marketing to develop new ideas and shape projects.
• Monitor current trends in cuisines, ingredients, and consumer trends.
• Understand the ingredient, product functionality and work with suppliers to develop exciting new opportunities.
• Progress all aspects of document control and process relating to project.
• To work with the Sensory and Marketing teams to set benchmarks and appropriate product assessments.
• Harness internal and external organisations capability to drive change.
• Link to the technical support function at all sites of manufacture (internal and co-manufacture) to ensure quality standards are set and efficient delivery of all programs.
• BSc Food Science/Technology or related degree, HNC Food Science/Technology, BTEC Food Science. Other food related non-science degree/qualifications would be considered, in particular culinary/chef-based qualifications and experience.
• 1-2+ years creative development experience
• Knowledge/experience of manufacturing processes relating to our brands, specific experience in pasteurisation/sterilisation would be advantageous.
• A real “foodie” (Desirable) with passion/flair for creative innovative trend-based product development
• Ambitious self-starter, able to manage their own projects independently; flexible, tenacious, problem solving in all aspects of development. But also, to work to work within a team and contribute with similar enthusiasm.
• Desirable behaviours – Spark brilliance, drive change, think big, stay curious and inspire ownership & act together.
What awaits you
• A vibrant and collaborative work environment at the heart of the UK food industry.
• Opportunity to make a significant impact on company growth.
• Excellent benefits and company benefits package
• 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
• Member discounts
How to Apply
To apply for this position with my client, please send your most up-to-date CV detailing any relevant experience to email@example.com