This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed person to join a successful, entrepreneurial company that works with manufacturers and retailers globally.
We work with a diverse portfolio of Retailers and supply bespoke products within various categories, including Household, Pet grooming, Reusable Bags, Health & Beauty, and Snacks.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be passionate about product in these areas – developing into licenced, branded opportunities. We are looking for an individual who can multi-task, knows how to prioritise, learn quickly, and be open to a challenge – previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
This is an excellent opportunity in showcasing your creativity while working with our global supplier partners to lead the creation and delivery of this category.
• Comprehensive, relevant and up to date understanding of the categories, retail trends and packaging trends that influence the customer, the market and potential product direction
• In depth understanding of our competitor product categories, emerging trends and the products within them.
• Understanding and ability to clearly articulate tiering where relevant with clear product values.
• Set and deliver the product plan
• Interpret internal and external sources of data and customer insight to create product proposition plans.
Key aspects of the role will include
• Identify and drive new product development and product upgrades against a plan
• Deliver products and ranges that are targeted and exceed customer expectations
• Manage cross functional relationships with our overseas offices, maintaining our One Team culture at all times
• Manage our critical paths and ensure communication is at the front of mind
• Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure visibility throughout the business and alignment in the development process
• Write clear briefs and communicate efficiently with our production teams globally
• Be able to work with large amounts of detail
• Arrange samples, costs, and presentations for customer meetings
• Develop and engage with the wider team on new product concepts. Schedule workflow, approve product samples and assure quality standards through all stages of new product development
• Understand the market, product trends and research, including talking to customers and visiting customer stores. Assess competitors’ products to identify important features and compare performance with equivalent company products
• Happy to travel to our office locations across the UK.