Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high-quality products for a range of customers, has an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join their business!
• Supporting the implementation of global procurement and category management plans locally.
• Planning and placing orders for raw materials and indirect purchases.
• Leading and evaluating competitive tenders for goods and services, negotiating price and commercial conditions
• Working with all departments within the business to ensure purchase orders placed are done so in an accurate and timely manner.
• Support all aspects of the Indirect spend, capital expenditure and consumables including supplier selection, planning and expediting whilst ensuring through strong negotiation skills, that the company secures the most commercially advantageous supply which meets business requirements.
• Work with QA and production to ensure that product quantity is maintained
• Work with other global procurement teams to implement and execute procurement category management plan.
• Proactively foster the spirit of continuous improvement and teamwork and continue to develop closer working relationships with management and staff in other key functions, particularly operations, customer logistics and quality functions within the business.
• Actively form and maintain strong business relationships both internal and eternal.
• Maintain records in our manufacturing computer system
• Represent procurement in a variety of ad-hoc projects.
• End to end procurement experienced
• Leading on supplier engagement for goods and services
• Direct and indirect procurement including supplier negotiation
• Comfortable working to tight and competing deadlines and demonstrate confidence in dealing with all internal and external suppliers.
• Strong numeracy, planning skills and time management skills.
• Confident self-starter with excellent communication, and influencing skills
• Working towards or membership of CIPS.
• Commercially Aware with analytical and numerical skills
• Computer literate with ERP and Microsoft Office knowledge
What’s on offer?
A competitive starting salary, circa £28,000 – £36,000
Discretionary bonus per annum
Business matched pension with contributions of up to 7%
Life assurance cover offering up to 5 times salary
Annual leave of 36 days
Working hours of Monday to Thursday 8.30 am – 4.30 pm, Friday finishing at 3.30 pm
Hybrid work from home and office flexibility
Regular training and skills development
If you are interested in this position, please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.