Procurement Scheduler, Cambridgeshire
Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Manufacturer and a market leader. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company. It is also important to stress that this business has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing...
To report into and work closely with the Packaging, Ingredients and Indirects Buyer in order to schedule in these categories to ensure that the site has the right level of stock at all times. To develop and maintain a professional and effective relationship with the supply base and be able to solve supply issues with the support of the Buyer.
• Manage the stock levels of Packaging, Ingredients and Indirects as required
• Send suppliers up to date 12-week demand forecasts and liaise with suppliers all requirements
• Work closely with Planning and Commercial teams to ensure that forecasts are correct including promotional / launch requirements
• Raise purchase orders on the system and ensure that they are sent to the supply base inline with agreed lead times
• Deputise for others in the department when absent
• Ensure systems are up to date with delivery dates, quantities of orders and current products to allow for smooth ordering/booking in process. Raise requests for any new products to be added prior to ordering
• Ensure all packaging/ingredients required for pre-production trials are ordered and information sent to NPD
• Attend NPD meetings to provide input into packaging and ingredient concepts and ideas
• Be the first point of contact for any issues and escalate issues that cannot be solved
• Be aware of and report on a weekly basis any obsolete stock
Proven scheduling/procurement experience is desirable but not essential, more important will be your ability to liaise with the site management teams
within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
MON-FRI Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.