Job title: Procurement Manager
£60,000 – £65,000 + Great Benefits (including car allowance)
Commutable from Cheshire / Merseyside / North Wales
Experiencing sustained high growth, the company my client has European reach in the food industry.
About the Job
You will effectively support with the onboarding of new suppliers and build and maintain relationships with our key external supply partners across all categories. You will work closely with the planning and the Supply team. Ensuring that costs are managed in line with financial budgets and savings targets, that best value for money is achieved, that innovation and continuous improvement is maximised, and that risk is minimised across all categories.
· Develop, lead, coach, and mentor direct reports. Provide similar partnership to relevant teams across the business as you work to establish the role of Procurement.
· Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure. Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals to maximise cost savings and better.
· Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
· Implement effective KPI & SLA metrics to monitor department & supplier performance.
· Experience in Food manufacturing.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Proven experience developing and sustaining senior supplier and stakeholder relationships. Must demonstrate ability to build successful working relationships across functions (Suppliers / Marketing / Commercial / Operations as well as within wider supply chain).
· MCIPS and/or equivalent Business Qualifications.
Monday to Friday / Opportunity for some remote working.
If interested apply straight away as the job will not be available for long.