Procurement Category Manager – Seafood
Luxury Foods Importer & Distributor
This organisation was created to procure and deliver the finest foods across the globe to food service establishments (4 & 5*) and high-end retailers across the UK.
Everything they have is of exceptional quality and they pride themselves on their excellent customer service, employee satisfaction and benefits.
This is a brand-new position to the business; this role will see you creating your own team and becoming renowned for quality fresh and frozen seafood for your customers. Your duties will include;
• Ownership of the seafood arm of the business- create and develop
• Procurement of high-quality seafood products from UK, Europe & Asia
• Supplier Management – manage existing and find new suppliers
• Customer Management – build and strengthen commercial relationships with new and existing business opportunities – customer face to face meetings
• Provide sales forecasts, product request guidance, market pricing, pricing structures, current market trends etc….
Your Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you need to be passionate about Seafood! This is an outstanding opportunity to create your own unit within the business and make your mark. You will need;
• Vast experience in procurement of Seafood (ideally 15 years)
• Experience with product launches and developing a new portfolio
• Excellent people management skills – coaching, mentoring, training
• Commercial acumen, customer retention, constructing commercial strategy and supplier collaboration (service level changes & product information)
• Strong engagement with external and internal stakeholders
If successful, this role comes with a salary up to £70,000.00 + car allowance + 10% bonus + multiple benefits.