Process Technologist, South East England
Sector: New Product Development
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
We are looking for an ambitious Process Technologist who will be working in partnership with a rapidly growing global chilled foods client.
The main responsibility of this role is to manage and assistant in the product development from kitchen through to factory launch, for both our retail and foodservice accounts.
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WHO ….
• Previous experience within process development
• Experience of running factory trials
• Guardian of quality benchmarking against the competition
• NPD background would be advantageous as the role has NPD elements as well as process. There isn't a lot of innovation, however.
• Can be flexible with hours to ensure adequate cover for all new product launches.
(This requires presence on night shift and on weekends occasionally)
• Can travel and overnight stays for customer and supplier meetings
• Ideally a Food Science Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 1 years’ experience
• Competent using IT software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Food hygiene and safety, HACCP
What is on offer?
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing 1 day per complete year of service up to 25)
• Pension 3% employer 5% employee after 3 months service
• Salary up to £32k depending on experience
• Flexible with working from home when not required in factory
• Mon – Fri, but must be flexible to work the odd weekends and nightshift for trials etc
• 40 hours per week
• Launching products on time and on budget
• Ensuring that the product is set up correctly and handed over to the factory operations team.
• Organise and conduct trials – collating samples, yield information and processes.
• Assist in writing and developing Quality contracts.
• Review and sign off artwork and labels.
• Carryout internal and external sample requests and co-ordinate shelf-life taste panels
• Developing handover packs for the operation teams
• Supporting cost engineering incentives
• Guardian of quality benchmarking of products against the competition
• Attending NPD and production meetings
• Support the Senior NPD Manager in optimising the Chessington NPD processes
A full job description and company brief will be provided on qualification.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0131 226 5060