I have an exclusive role with a large food manufacturer. They currently have vacancies for a Senior Process Technologists & a Process Technologists to join their expanding NPD team.
• Ensuring product concepts from the Concept Team are upscaled in the factory for timely and accurate delivery to our retail customers.
• Plan, manage and control factory trials and resolve and co-ordinate internal and external issues to remove roadblocks to launches
• Project manage critical path processes and meetings to ensure all relevant plans are adhered to and successful launch result with agreed dates and costings
• Liaise effectively with Senior Process Technologist to determine key development priorities within their area.
• Challenge product reformulations to include recipe improvements and Value Optimisation customer needs.
• Work collaboratively with the packaging team to ensure packaging technology and innovation is an integral part of the development process
• Manage and review product costings and ensure that trial budgets are managed within budget and in conjunction with the factory
• Drive innovation and creativity in order to ensure our products are recognised as the best products in class and significantly cutting edge and superior to competitors.
• Liaise with the retailers and the Commercial department to ensure that the NPD teams are aligned against all development projects and the NPD creates concepts that are practical commercial propositions that are best in class
• Support the NPD Controller and ensure cross-functional teams are co-ordinated, briefed, and are working in support of NPD strategy and KPI’s
• Food-related qualifications and/or several years’ experience in large-scale Food Manufacture.
• Strong presentation, communication, and engagement skills.
• Good network and knowledge of suppliers, raw materials, and equipment.
• Critical eye for detail and organisational skills to enable the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate forward-thinking and long-term planning capabilities.
• Ability to problem-solve to facilitate concept ideation through factory delivery.
• Good influencing and negotiation skills.
• A good understanding of costing principles and ideally knowledge and experience of Recipe Professor
• Process Technologists – £32k, Senior Process Technologists – £36k
• 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
• Money purchase pension scheme contribution of salary
For more information, please get in touch for a confidential chat.