Process Improvement Lead, East Midlands
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Process Improvement Lead - Six Sigma - Lean principles - Business Change - Continuous Improvement
Process Improvement Lead required to head up a brand new function at a well-established and reputable company in Burton upon Trent.
The Process Improvement Lead is a hands-on role requiring a blend of managing and doing to identify opportunities to stop, simplify and streamline business processes within the support centres, enabling the organisation to become more efficient and effective and reduce cost base.
- Leading the Process Improvement team to prioritise the opportunities within the Support Centre teams, including operations, to improve processes so they can focus on activities that add value to both employees and customers.
- Supporting the team to deliver the agreed initiatives, to scope, on time and delivering benefit to the business
- Working closely with the Programme Manager and Head of Development to maintain and enhance the project methodology and ways of working
- Working closely with the Programme Manager and Head of Development to identify initiatives that may require wider project/IT team support to deliver and, if required, ensure a smooth transition between team
- Measuring the business benefit delivered as a result of implementing process improvements
- Mapping key processes, identifying waste and root causes causing inefficiencies
- Identifying and recommending improvements which could include organisational changes, automation or removal of non-value add activities
- Designing the future processes and successfully implement
- Measuring the benefits of improving the processes
- Building and maintaining relationships with colleagues to influence and support the delivery of the process improvements
- Managing the process improvement pipeline of activity across teams, gaining buy-in and sign off from colleagues to ensure a continual programme of work in place
- Broad and demonstrable experience of working successfully with teams to deliver solutions that drive operational excellence as well as an outstanding analytical ability and strategic grasp of the ‘big picture’
- Experience and knowledge of stakeholder management, business change and embedding management information to enable continuous improvement
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills to be able to clearly articulate concepts and ideas, challenge effectively and manage expectations and conflicting priorities
- A ‘can do’ attitude, tenacity, drive, initiative and creativity
- Ability to process information quickly and accurately and work independently to propose solutions to problems
- Great commercial acumen with a creative problem solving approach
- Excellent organisation skills; methodical, process and target driven, balancing attention to detail with sight of the bigger picture
- Ability to influence and persuade colleagues through good working relationships
- An appetite and enthusiasm
- Must have experience of working within a large organisation with a good understanding of processes
- Must have experience of delivering process improvement initiatives that have delivered tangible business benefit
- Lean Six Sigma
- Process improvement tools
- Excellent Excel and reporting skills
- Strong customer and business focus with exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Must have worked in fast paced environments with multiple demands
- Held a role that required analytical and problem-solving abilities
- This is an excellent opportunity to head up a new function at a reputable and fast growing company with a huge amount of growth and development available.
On offer is a competitive salary, company bonus and many more perks.
For more information contact Emma Crabtree at the Manchester office.