Our client, one of the leading packaging companies in the world have notified us of an opening, based at their site just outside of Dublin. They’re looking for a Plant Manager to join the team to structure and implement a strategic plan within the plant. The successful candidate will possess extensive experience in the packaging or manufacturing industry, educated to degree level and exposure to managing a high volume of staff.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
• Support the creation of the strategic plan for the plant with the country management.
• Define the necessary action plans with senior management (CPK) for each of the areas, in order to achieve the result.
• Propose the plant budget to the country management.
• Propose the annual investment plan – supervise the implementation and decide on corrective actions if required.
• Maintain strong relationships with employees and promote personal development plans.
• Develop and implement training plans for the direct reports.
• Prepare the annual performance development system and define the action plan to be followed.
• Ensure the correct implementation of the Quality Management System.
Requirements from the candidate
• Educated to degree level in Economics/Engineering/Marketing.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in as a commercial/production manager.
• 3-5 years’ experience as a senior manager (any sector).
• Team Management within a high staff volume site.
What the Job offers
• A highly competitive salary of €75,000 – €100,000.
• A position within a company who are one of the leading manufacturers in its sector.
• Various company benefits.
If you find yourself suitable for this position, please contact David Cockburn at D R Newitt recruitment for more details.