My client is a food producer of innovative and delicious products. We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Planning Manager to join and lead their team!
This represents an amazing opportunity to advance your manufacturing career.
We are looking for the right person to have the capability to build robust customer-focused forecasting and capacity plans to manage customers expectations and service levels. With the overall control of planning for labour, materials coming in the business to the finished product being dispatched.
• Manage available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost-efficiency
• Publish plans to all relevant internal/external stakeholders to ensure that supply constraints are known and managed in advance. Ensure that all stakeholders are agreed on the planned actions and the results that need to be delivered
• Monitor and maintain an active dialogue with suppliers to ensure that material requirements continuously match scheduled production plans
• Ensure the team assess and communicate the impact of predicted plan attainment on customer service and ensure that expected obsolete/overstocks are clearly communicated and understood
• Ensure the team contributes to business planning forums and maintains an ongoing dialogue with the operations team to understand production challenges and builds contingency and improvements into plans and schedules
• Work with distribution providers to agree on transport schedules that match product/stock availability with customer delivery requirements (including site-to-site shuttles and yard-shunting) to find mutually agreeable delivery windows
• Provide leadership and direction to the planning teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering to their potential
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and optimise performance to deliver business effectiveness and cost-efficiency
• It is essential you have experience as a Materials Planner or Production Planner working within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment
• Essential to have capacity planning experience
• Advantageous to have experience using Foodlogik ERP
• Comfortable leading and supporting a small team to success
• Customer focused with excellent communication and presentation skills
• You must be organised and able to meet tight deadlines
• You will be an extremely motivated person who is constantly looking to better yourself – this job will offer fantastic progression opportunities for a hungry and dedicated individual.
• Ability to analyse, report and interpret data
• Computer Literacy – advanced
• Implement and take action to achieve plans
What’s on offer
The successful production planning manager will receive a very competitive salary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated professional.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, you will only be contacted if your CV is of interest to the role.