Planning and Materials Supervisor
Sector: Supply Chain
Job type: Permanent
Position Title: Planning and Materials Supervisor
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000
Location: Welwyn Garden City
The opportunity for a Planning and Materials Supervisor role has arisen!
Reporting to the Group planning manager, responsible for managing the complete supply chain function at site, ensuring availability, and ordering of all raw materials and packaging and the scheduling and capacity planning of all production lines. Building close relationships with all departments on site ensuring site KPI’s and supply chain KPI’s are aligned, and met / efficiencies maximized / systems created and maintained and providing cover where required for site customer services. Work collaboratively with all suppliers to ensure no stock outs on site and with key customers over daily demand and issues plus capacities at key points of the year.
• Generate purchase orders for ingredients and packaging within current systems.
• Proactively monitor deliveries of raw materials to site and work through any issues with suppliers and escalate as and when needed.
• Arrange the transfer of raw materials to other facilities physically and in current system.
• Track stock records and lead the weekly site stock cycle counts and investigate variances. Report findings back through site meetings.
• Correcting discrepancies regarding invoicing for raw materials and packaging.
• Previous experience of working in a complex manufacturing environment.
• Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
• Excellent IT skills – Excel, stock management systems, Oracle (experience preferred).
• Good attention to detail and accuracy for stock and cycle counts.
• Secondary level education (minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent to include English and Math’s).
• Previous experience in Planning/MRP.
• Competitive Salary.
• Annual Leave Entitlement including statutory public holidays.
• Matched Contribution Pension at a contributory rate of up to 5%.
• Life Assurance.
• Private Medical Coverage.
• Access to Perkbox.
If you feel this job is for you, please get in touch with Hamish and he will call you to go into detail about the application process and answer any questions regarding the role.