Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Graduate Buyer x2
£20k - £25k + Bonus + Pension
My client is an expanding FMCG business working within retail market verticals, distributors and manufacturing looking to expand the buying team due to growth and expansion.
We are looking to speak with Graduates in Supply chains & Purchasing looking to define a path a commercially driven Buying/trader role
Key responsibilities and areas of development include:
• Delivery of agreed annual budgetary targets for all Supplier terms
• Increase business with existing Supply Base and develop any new opportunities in line with new profit guidelines with at all times a strategic and joint business plan approach.
• Improve cash flow by managing and reducing Supplier aged /disputed debt
• Be able to communicate and negotiate at all levels both internally and externally.
• Work closely with Category Management to providing Customers with a tailored range of products and promotions that suits their individual needs.
• Negotiate with suppliers to deliver the most competitive pricing and profit levels.
• Recover all costs associated with residuals, overstocks and out of date stock.
Key Skills/ Experience:
• Degree within Purchasing or Supply chain, MSC, CIPs etc.
• Ideally 1yr experience within a Purchasing or commercially driven supply chain role
• High level of numerical ability, accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Be a strong communicator & Team player