Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. Now is an excellent time to join this progressive and growing company. It is also important to stress that this business has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing…
Packaging Technologist is responsible for managing the full artwork approval process from initial stages to print and approval for all primary and secondary packaging for the site, while also supporting the procurement team with the delivery of group projects and supplier changes.
• Leading the review, approval and issue of all printer specifications for artwork build
• Checking, issuing and approving all packaging recycling data for artwork and retailer submission
• Leading the review, issuing and approving all packaging recycling data for artwork and retailer submission
• Lead the issuing of line drawings for all primary and outer case packaging
• Liaison with all artwork, retailer repro houses, printers, packaging suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Lead the critical paths ensuring timelines and FTP Dates are adhered to
• Generate new Packaging Codes for Packaging Handover documentation
• Lead the origination and issue of Packaging Handover briefs
• Lead any technical and print issues
• Communicate on status of projects to the wider team on a regular basis along with trial reporting to PDC teams and management
• Ensure Accurate costing submissions.
• Lead the management of the Packaging Specification Database, line drawing and pallet plan library ensuring all information is readily available and approved for retailer audits
• Raise and manage Purchase Orders for all artwork, reprographic, cutting formes, dies, stereos, tooling and plates and all other costs associated with print and packaging design origination
• Lead packaging and NPD trials
• Lead press approvals
• Approve supplier LSD colour standard submissions
• Recommending and actively leading any site/group costing saving opportunities.
• Ensure that all skus are at the optimized specification and avoiding proliferation of formats.
• Lead the implementation and sharing of best practice across the group while educating and advising stakeholders at all levels.
• Reporting and closing out quality complaints across the group as required.
• Supporting the procurement team with the delivery of any group specific projects and challenges.
Degree level qualification or demonstrable experience in a similar role
The ability to initiate and drive developments and projects to completion against challenging timescales.
An inquisitive and creative mind able to identify product and process solutions.
The ability to plan, organise and prioritise activity, and manage multiple projects.
A Flexible approach to work and change, to be able to change gears quickly as events demand.
Organised and Meticulous
Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels internally and externally.
IT literate – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Resilience when handling difficult internal issues.
Full Clean Driving Licence
Good knowledge of packaging technologies, print, artwork and origination process.
Formal qualification in packaging technology.
Understanding of external regulatory framework: Knowledge of UK and European Packaging legislation.
Hours: Mon-Fri: 9am, 5pm – 1 day working from home per week if desired
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.