A fantastic, UK, award winning food manufacturing client has an opportunity for a Packaging Developer.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right person with a bright joyous personality, passionate, ambitious, has integrity and wants to join a fast-paced team working in the food manufacturing industry!
Your job will be to help pioneer a revolution in their category. They're looking for a dynamic Packaging Developer to join their Innovation & Sustainability team. This role will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing new packaging solutions for existing and future products.
The perfect candidate will be a creative and an experienced deliverer of packaging innovation from concept to launch. They will be a materials and print fanatic, constantly enhancing their expertise and able to work collaboratively with suppliers for the best output. Whilst passionate about what packaging can do for both the product and brand, they’ll also be motivated by the challenge of ensuring it’s fit for market, balancing commercial, sustainability, and technical requirements. Responsible packaging use is their mantra!
• Deliver all aspects of packaging development i.e. material choice, structural design and print. Working with suppliers to design inspiring packaging and print solutions to project briefs and proactively feeding into the innovation pipeline (for both new and existing product development projects).
• Understand our packaging; know the technical properties and functionality of the packaging materials used, ensuring they are fit for purpose, and as sustainable as possible.
• Support feasibility assessments for the project portfolio, driving packaging process expertise. From trials, proactively flag opportunities in sustainability, cost optimisation and operations within packaging.
• Be the champion for responsible use, ensuring the priorities set out in the Little Moons Packaging Strategy are met.
• Lead and support collaborative supplier relationships to ensure the best innovations are brought to our business and utilised effectively in packaging development.
• Keep on the pulse of what’s new, relevant, and emerging in packaging (including an awareness of regulations), using this insight to answer project briefs.
• And more!
• Industry experience, in a packaging development role
• Experience of delivering packaging solutions in the food Industry
• BSc degree, preferably in either food science, technology, material science
• Proven project management skills
• Flair for innovation, creativity and sustainability
• Experience working within brand guidelines
• A can-do self-starter attitude
• Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
• Holiday entitlement 25 + 8 bank holidays
• They understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
• Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
• Private health scheme
• Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to them, and they keep each other honest
• Bonus scheme
• Flexible working hours