Our client, are a large FMCG manufacturing business. A vacancy has arisen for an experienced packaging Buyer to join the well-established team at the site in County Durham.
• Management of a dedicated annual spend – entirely on packaging
• Development of new sourcing strategy and implementing change where required
• Supplier management with regular visits
• Establishment of new supplier and customers where appropriate
• Manage inventory levels to ensure maximum product availability
• Ensure excellent working relationships with internal and external stake holders at all times
• An established Buyer (or relevant) with experience in buying packaging
• CIPS qualification at any level would be advantageous
• Experience from a manufacturing environment
• A skilled negotiator with a strong track record in savings
• Strong IT systems skills – MS Office
• An understanding of how to effectively manage supply chain
What’s on offer?
• A generous salary and benefits package
• The opportunity to join a dynamic company who can offer genuine opportunities for career progression
If you would like to be considered please apply with your latest CV. If you have questions then please contact Martin Bryce at D R Newitt.