Position: Operations Manager
Salary: Up to 65k
Shift: Mon-Fri – 8am-4:30pm
This is an amazing opportunity to work with an ever growing and highly successful food manufacturer in Cheshire. Our client is eager to hire an experienced and motivational Operations Manager to join their ever-growing business.
This is a senior role within the operational area of the business including manufacturing, planning, quality, health and safety and maintenance. The primary purpose of the role is to take full responsibility for these areas of the business and to plan, organize and effectively utilise company resources i.e. Materials, machines and people to manufacture our food products efficiently and effectively and to the required quality standard.
The role of Operations Manager:
* Report to the General Manager on the operational performance of the business and participate in strategy sessions which may be convened from time to time
* Direct and support the planning, production, health and safety, and maintenance teams to achieve their KPI’s in order to ensure profit is maximised for the business
* Analyse data provided by others relating to product quality and Quality Management Systems in order to support and direct the Production Management (PM) teams in minimising all elements of internal and external wastage.
* Ensure that the relevant teams maintain internal testing and recording requirements.
* Ensure every customer is treated as a QC customer and all standards are achieved to ensure KPI targets are achieved and have a best of the best mentality on quality
* Utilise the data and reports provided by others e.g. Internal Benchmarking and Down Time Analysis in order to identify potential areas for improvement.
* Liaise with all departments to maximise output from all processes and seek to achieve all KPI’s particularly on time delivery.
* Support the Production teams in reviewing the production planning process to organise workload and ensure that targets are achieved, and each process runs efficiently e.g. machines are run at optimum speed whilst maintaining quality. Streamline movement of materials between processes and through to despatch.
* Work to ensure that a clean and safe working environment is maintained, safe work practices are followed and equipment is operated correctly and safely.
Working with a highly successful and fast growing business
Autonomy within an entirely new position within the organisation
Competitive salary and extras.
If this is something of interest, you can apply on here or contact Pierce Cleary at D R Newitt on 0161 8330181.