Operations Manager (Chemical), East Anglia
Sector: Chemical Manufacturing
Location: East Anglia
Job type: Permanent
Are you an experienced operations leader with experience in the chemical space?
Are you interested in a role with a succession plan for progression over the next two to three years?
My client are a well-established company with over 40 years in polyurethanes, manufacturing waterproof, breathable and durable applications for a variety of industries. With the highest quality control and 100% inspection being installed, they ensure that the highest quality is maintained throughout production. Their products are manufactured within the UK and use green energy from their own solar and wind power plant to produce 80% of the plant.
The role is that of an Operations Manager based at their plant in East Anglia, the objective of the role is to lead the production of specific chemicals and materials and to operate the Solvent Recovery unit to ensure supply of solvents to the business. You will also be required to lead and manage the teams to provide a safe, effective and efficient manufacturing operation that delivers the performance targets – Safety, Environment, Quality, Productivity and Cost control
EHS & process Safety
• Ensure EHS is consistently driven as a site priority within Chemical operations. Strive forward a continuous improvement culture, working towards a Zero Harm objective.
• Manage and lead the day to day operations of the department, meeting required production requirements and efficiency targets.
• Deliver key production targets, ensuring batch time improvements, right first time and schedule adherence
• Lead a performance culture in operations, fostering teamwork and delivery of targets through coaching and managing performance
• Performance management for operational activities, delivering a bottom up approach to problem solving and KPI’s
• Drive improvement in output and work with other members of the senior leadership team to ensure planning, scheduling and maintenance deliver a service to minimise downtime.
• Lead an operational excellence culture, targeting continuous improvement and optimisation
• Implement sustainable LEAN manufacturing (5S, Kaizen, SMED, OEE etc.) to production and solvent recovery
• Degree, in either Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Manufacturing (Ideal)
• Significant experience within the chemical sector or other related industries
• Knowledge of business tolls and process (including ERP systems)
• A thorough understanding of commercial priorities and cost control
• Project management experience and proven record of delivering improvements
• LEAN manufacturing – experience of implementation & delivery
• Experiences in all EHS requirements and appreciation of Process Safety
My client are keen for this role to progress in the next 2-3 years so a chance to grow and step into a bigger role in a short term period is very realistic.
If you are interested in the above position please send an up to date CV to Stuart Tomkinson – firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link on the site.