A fantastic, worldwide business over 40 years of award-winning experience has an opportunity for an NPI Technologist
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right person with bundles of energy, drive, and enthusiasm to join a fast-paced team working the FMCG industry.
Working as part of the R&D team to ensure the successful launch of new products in line with customer critical paths.
You will work with the Senior NPI Process Technologist, on the delivery of projects. Ensuring that completion of all stages of validation are carried out, including organoleptics, shelf life, nutritional validations, transit trials etc, in accordance to customer codes of practice and our clients manufacturing standards.
You will help the team to co-ordinate factory trials and collate the necessary samples required for customer submission and validations.
You will need an understanding of the company’s manufacturing processes, and procedures.
• Assisting the NPI Technologists in the development of new products from the NPD stage through to successful product launch, adhering to the Concept to launch gate process.
• Support in new product trials ensuring the right results are achieved accurately and timely.
• Supporting in the generation, filing and issuing of factory paperwork in time for launch.
• Produce quality photographs & videos required from trials for all necessary paperwork.
• Organise and carry out simple trials with support from the NPI Technologists.
• Taking on responsibility for sample management and collection from trials and co-ordinating the following:
– Shelf-life submission and organoleptics’ of all required samples, including the monitoring of the organoleptic trials and collating photographic evidence.
– Submission of nutritional samples.
– Registering samples onto the Laboratory portals for testing
– Transit trials
– Cooking validation samples for both in-house and external testing.
– Organising and booking in of cooking validation testing with the designated external service provider or internally.
– Piece count validation from trials or when required from actual production
– R&D chiller – ensuring sample management/rotation (including excess trial sample distribution) and cleanliness is always adhered to.
• Ensure compliance of relevant customer policies to meet all customer and business requirements
• Assisting the NPI team with implementing profit improvement initiatives, fact finding & problem solving of day-to-day production by:
– Collating & measuring factory data.
– Recording data.
– Basic report writing and data analysis from trials and std production when required.
• Collection of samples and ingredients as and when required from the factory for R&D & NPI use.
• Benchmark sample & ingredient shopping as and when required.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Work with R&D to challenge current processes and WOW. Look for ‘alternative’ and ‘Innovative’ ways to produce new and exciting products as well as improving our current methods to take the business to the next level and achieve the goal of becoming the Best and most respected in the industry.
• Support the team to deal with process issues raised by all levels of the organisation and by customers.
• Assist Production Streams in process review of current products and processes.
• Identify and work towards implementing profit improvement initiatives including alternative ingredient sourcing and trialling, line efficiency improvements and yield improvements.
• Improve factory processes to deliver value to the business
Achievement through people
• Ensure engagement with other Operational, Technical, Procurement, Engineering teams and NPD
• Work together with other team members to create a positive and productive working team environment.
• Use quarterly one to one review process to identify with NPI Manager, key development needs and create a plan to deliver and grow within the role.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to analyse and present data in a clear format.
• Good written and spoken English
• Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience of working in a Food Manufacturing environment (Desirable)
• Awareness of topical Food Safety issues and potential impact to Pilgrim’s Food Masters (Desirable)
• A fair knowledge of relevant industry processes (Desirable)
• Respected qualifications in the relevant disciplines
• Work experience within an FMGC environment.
• Basic Culinary knowledge and a wide appreciation of food processes would be beneficial (Desirable)
• Level 2 Food Safety in Manufacturing (Desirable)
• Level 2 Health & Safety (Desirable)
• Team player
• Hands on – pragmatic individual who takes on responsibility and accountability to get the job done.
• Good communication skills to all levels.
• An individual who is keen and has the desire to learn
• Attention to detail and the need to get things ‘right first time’
• The ability to work alone or with others to get the best results.
• Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at any one time.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Flexible working hours / days
• Early finish on Fridays