NPD Technologist, South East England
Sector: New Product Development
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Business and a market leader. A combination of tradition and innovation have served this progressive company well. It is also important to stress that this Company has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing...
To contribute to the company’s growth strategy through new and existing product development and launch of exciting products that will delight our customers.
To do so whilst ensuring food safety, legality, authenticity and quality and following company policies and BRC standards.
• Project management of Product development briefs for in house manufactured products from concept or approved kitchen recipe all the way through to launch
• Project management of Traded goods projects from supplier sample evaluation through to receipt of stock to our warehouse
• Recipe development as and when necessary and submission to taste panel for approval
• Accuracy cost calculation of all recipes
• Process evaluation and creation of production process sheets and Quality Attribute Sheets (QAS)
• Evaluation and approval of all new ingredients and packaging
• Recipe up scale and production trials
• Shelf life evaluation
• Evaluation of chemical parameters and any other preservation techniques to optimise quality and shelf life
• Help, support and liaison with Innovation, QA and Technical services depts
• Deliver on timescales hitting KPI targets
• Make up of samples for Taste panel sessions as required
• NPD stock control
• To contribute to Health & Safety, Food Safety and Socio-Environmental values, and to help achieve the company wide objectives that are communicated on an on going basis
You will have previous experience working in either NPD or Process within the Food Industry. You will have a Food related Degree or qualification.
Mon-Fri 7 am to 3.30 pm
Bank holidays off plus 20 days (23 after 3 years and 1 extra day every year thereafter until a total of 28)
Up to 10% bonus depending on company and personal performance
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.