NPD Technologist, Scotland
Sector: New Product Development
Job type: Permanent
My client, a family owned business with international reach, based in the beautiful north of Scotland is looking for an NPD Technologist to join their team on a permanent business. Someone with ambition to grow within the business. Their products are loved nationally, and you could be a part of this process!
- Work within the NPI brief to provide products that satisfy the gate requirements. Ensuring that they are made to minimum cost, maximum efficiency and safety whilst at the same time understanding the customers’ expectation on quality. Ensuring adequate support is provided for successful implementation into the manufacturing environment.
- Provide technical input and suall times. Lead the project from an NPD perspective and provide the required specialist input to ensure the translation from Gate - Kitchen prototypes - Factory production.
- Ensure the development work is aligned with and adheres to the project critical path by maintaining a close communication with the NPD Hub and the project leader. Maintain an accurate record of all works undertaken on recipe trackers and reporting of status against each project to the Senior NPD Technologist.
- Maintain an awareness of current and pending product legislation applying this knowledge to product development where applicable.
- Provide support to the factories when they have production issues around product manufacture. Minimise this by ensuring all new products are supplied along with finished product specifications to facilitate repeat production and clear guidelines on what is acceptable and what is not.
Maintain an insight and awareness of products currently in manufacture to identify routes towards improvements in quality or optimization of costs on present and future developments.
- Actively assess new raw material technologies that may help to optimize both the cost and functional delivery of NPD.
- Be involved in the assessment of alternative materials or processes.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Senior NPD Technologist and NPD and Technoical Manager or other senior members of the Baxters organisation in their absence.
- Support the value improvement process (VIP) from a resource and technical expertise perspective as requested.
- Provide technical support to the commercial, marketing and technical teams.Support and attend customer-initiated meetings and project update sessions as requested by the project lead.
- Effective prioritisation
- Good organisational skills.
- A goal-orientated, customer-focused mindset.
- A sound understanding of the NPD requirements of major retailer customers.
- Graduate calibre. Degree level qualification in a Food or Science related subject would be seen as an advantage.
- 2-5 years’ experience within an NPD or related function in the Food Manufacturing
- Industry, ideally supported by a minimum of 2 years working as an NPD Technologist.
- First-Hand experience of driving, managing and delivering NPD projects to demanding deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience of retailer manufacturing standards, with a key focus on M&S, JS, Waitrose, and Tesco would be seen as an advantage.
- Good level of project management skill
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels within the business.
- Close attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Good Interpersonal skills and professional team approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Driven and embraces challenges within the workplace.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Private Medical Insurance
- Substantial Life Assurance cover
- Discounted branded products
- Discount at businesses outlet stores
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Subsidised canteen
- Long Service Awards
- Training & development opportunities
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Alex Austin.