NPD & Specifcations Technologist
Sector: New Product Development
Job type: Permanent
NPD & Specifications Technologist vacancy based in Manchester. Mon-Fri, permanent position offering c£25-28k with stretch for the right candidate.
Our client is a growing food manufacturer that supplies high-quality products into food service & retail customers. Due to their great staff-retention, this is a ‘family-feel’ business where you won’t just be a number but, instead, an integral part of the team. With some exciting new projects on the horizon for 2021, they’re looking for a Technologist who can be a flexible addition to the team and support business growth.
• New & existing product development from concept to launch.
• Raw material sourcing, recipe costing & scale up.
• Provide customer samples & lead factory trials.
• Conduct shelf-life testing.
• Generate specifications from concept to launch inc. use of retailer online portals.
• Support Technical & Operations as needed.
Working in a small business, everyone pitches in to help out wherever needed. Therefore, you will need to be comfortable wearing many hats and a real self-starter.
• Degree educated/equivalent in Food Science or related subject.
• HACCP & Food Safety L2 minimum preferred.
• At least 3-5 years within a similar role in food manufacturing and experience using online retailer specifications portals.
• Full right to work in the UK.
If you think you could be interested, apply here or send your CV to Rosie directly at Rosie.firstname.lastname@example.org who will then arrange a call to run through the role and your experience in more detail. Alternatively, you can reach Rosie on 0161 833 0181.