Do you want to be part of one of the UK’s fastest growing FMCG brands? Are you looking for a big challenge with huge potential for growth?
A category leading client with big ambitions, fast growing, pioneering and ethical business who take pride in sharing their delicious and healthy products with UK consumers are looking for an NPD project manager.
They aim to help millions of people to reach optimal health & wellness – physical and mental – through their products, educational content, and digital services.
The NPD Project Manager will work on the design, development and project management of new products, whilst also managing the existing product range in all areas. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with excellent creative skills and the ability to come up with innovative, ‘outside the box’ ideas. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategy, design, specification, build, launch and ongoing manufacturing of new products and will work with the senior leadership team to ensure that all products align with the overall company mission and vision.
This full-time role will report directly to the CEO.
• Owning the product through strategy, design, specification, build, launch and ongoing manufacture
• Setting the product delivery roadmap
• Tell the story of the product – ensuring that this aligns with the overall company mission, vision and values
• Strategic planning and management of the product portfolio
• Ensuring products meet all regulatory requirements
• Investigating new potential areas of opportunity – staying up to date with trends and analysing market trends
• Developing the product brief for Marketing to create their strategy
• Utilising relevant KPIs and consumer feedback to evaluate projects
• Contributing to digital marketing strategies in order to maximise consumer reach, customer engagement and satisfaction
• Perform competitor insights and benchmarking
• Manage product innovation working closely with Marketing, Sales, Production and our scientific advisors. It will be critical to identify innovative gaps in the markets that the client operate in to gain market share.
• Ideally educated to a Masters or Bachelor level in a relevant degree
• Proven experience as a Product Manager, Brand Manager or similar role
• Experience creating a product vision based on customer and market insights, translating this into commercially viable delivery plans
• Hands-on exposure to building a best practice product function within a growing business
• High level of analytical and quantitative skills to develop informed strategies
• Good experience developing customer journeys that have translated into an excellent customer experience
• Proven experience in driving acquisition/retention
• Great communication skills – verbal and written
• Excellent IT / computer skills
• The desire to learn and understand the product
• Bold, passionate and ambitious
• Flexible and adaptable to change
• Enjoys variety and demonstrates creative flair
• Proactive team player
• Self-motivated, uses initiative and problem solver
• Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
• Annual Leave: 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday
• Annual salary review – staff are eligible for the annual salary review after their first year of employment
• Discounts – 60% staff discount, and friends & family discounts
• Staff events – annual parties, staff events, company updates etc.
• Discounted Apple products – 9% off Macs and 5% off iPads
• Flexible working – staff are able to submit flexible working requests
• Employee long-term incentive plan – in development, we will circulate any updates and announcements
• They are also planning to develop our benefits package further as we understand that it does not compare to the market average at the moment. This is in progress.