A fantastic, UK, award winning food manufacturing client has an opportunity for an NPD Manager
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right person with bundles of energy, drive, and enthusiasm to join a fast-paced team working in the food manufacturing industry!
This is an instrumental role that involves managing and delivering our customer own label development agenda for both Retail and Foodservice. You will take accountability of the customer development from concept through to launch while working collaboratively with internal teams and key stake holders to drive our consumer category vision through to final product execution. Ensuring customers with the innovation required to grow their business in alignment with the business’s strategic plans and targets.
• Reports to Head of Development
• Will have reports
• Works closely with the cross functional team – including the wider NPD team (Packaging and Change Manager), Operation, Brand, Species Unit Directors and the Sales Account Managers.
• To manage our customer own label development from concept through to launch via the Stage and Gate process to ensure the smooth transition of new concepts and related processes through to manufacture whilst safeguarding that developed products meet the business and retailer requirements
• Develop strong relationships with our customers’ developers to influence and be front of mind on their strategic plans. Whilst also coordinating with customers to provide strategic insight and to feedback to the business customer goals and ambitions.
• You will manage and lead your team to success by providing motivation, guidance, and opportunities for development, ensuring they always demonstrate best practice.
• Support in managing and optimising our internal development process; including developing your team to maximise both our creative and process development potential.
• You will work closely with the internal cross functional team to ensure continuous improvements on product performance, reduction of costs and gap fill opportunities are being captured and considered etc.
• Working closely with our suppliers to develop our relationships with them and get ahead on our NPD thinking and concept creation
• Collate market data and conduct benchmarking on category / competitors’ range through online range reviews and store visits so we better understand the market and identify gap fill opportunities or possible recipe / innovation cues
• When necessary, attending trade shows, NPD events, supplier reviews and customer meetings.
• And more !!
• Worked closely on Customer Own Label Agendas in particular ASDA, Sainsburys, Tesco and Waitrose
• A track record of working in a similar and fast-paced food manufacturing environment and successful implementation of own label NPD
• Expert knowledge on product development both concept and process.
• Has previously managed and developed a direct report
• Up-to-date knowledge on customer codes of practice, government labelling legislation and food trends.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal, communication, assertiveness, and relationship-building skills.
• Proven ability to consider differing viewpoints and propose decisions based on facts and the strategic direction of the business.
• Monday – Friday, 2 days WFH, flexible hours
• 33 days holiday
• Opportunity to grow the team and a progression plan