An international client, within innovative frozen food manufacturing with a broad product range has an exciting opportunity for a Development Chef.
Currently established in retail they are looking to continue this performance and grow in the new year.
This role is a vital position within the development kitchen that will focus on the development of both new and existing items, so an up-to-date knowledge of food trends in the industry is important.
We are seeking a highly creative, talented, innovative Development Chef with a genuine passion for food and flavours who demonstrates a dynamic flair and knowledge of concept, development, and improvement of products.
• Use on trend knowledge to create new product ideas, produce samples, and present them to customers.
• Assist the development team to guide new products through the NPD process from concept to launch.
• Understand and on-board customer feedback and needs to effectively create ideal products for the correct audience.
• Evaluate the success of new products and product enhancements.
• A passion for food, recipe creation and flavour combination.
• Excellent cooking and plate presentation – professional qualification in cookery desired
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication required for client presentations and tasting panels.
• Understanding of scaling products from kitchen to factory.
• Salary circa £35,000
• 30 days holiday
The role is site based, Monday to Friday office hours with some flexibility. Occasional travel to customers/other sites in the UK will be required.
If you are interested in this role, then get in contact with Peter on either email@example.com or 0131 226 5060 for a confidential discussion.