A UK food manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for an NPD Technologist.
Have you ever wanted to break into the food manufacturing industry?
A passion for food, come from the hospitality industry or love being creative/in the kitchen? Then apply here!
All training will be provided, and any previous employees have gone on to work at big brands/blue chips due to the fantastic training provided.
The successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience in an innovative and busy Food run environment. We are looking for highly creative, talented, innovative candidates!
• Manage repeat ‘especially made’ sample request procedure end to end (including sample collection and despatch to the customer). Liaise with marketing on mock up packaging
• Working in our busy development kitchen, you’ll be following recipes to make delicious food
• Kitchen trialling new ingredients to make our recipes even more tasty
• Assist Development Technologist and Culinary Chef with product remakes and recipe testing as required
• Attending and inputting into weekly food tastings
• Collect raw materials and packaging to keep the kitchen well stocked. Ensure all ingredients are labelled with traceability and in date
• Practice clean as you go
• Ensure kitchen meets GMP & HACCP standards through liaising with technical and maintenance as required
• Update Sage system & other relevant paperwork in a timely fashion
• Input data into competitor gap analysis sheets and record feedback from kitchen panels
• Occasional shopping for ingredients and benchmarks
• Log new raw materials entering the kitchen onto the tracker
• To be responsible for the quality of all product and to highlight any QA concerns to either their line manager or the QA Department
• A legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others, which may be affected by what they do or do not do
• An interest in food
• Planning and organisational skills to manage own workload and conflicting priorities
• Process driven
• Ability to use own initiative
• Work to tight deadlines and can cope with pressure
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong attention to detail
• GCSE Maths (or equivalent)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Ideal Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene
• 24 plus bank days hol
• 3% bonus