Night Shift Assistant Production Manager, East England
Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer that has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing...
Reporting into the Production Manager, job purpose is as follows:
Manage team of associates, control and continuously improve all aspects of food safety, health & safety,
quality, productivity, GMP, material, packaging and labour usage and to provide excellent customer
1. Ensure health and safety standards are maintained, associates are wearing correct PPE and
corrective action is taken, when appropriate
2. Accidents are reported promptly, and investigations are completed correctly and within the
3. Ensure Near Misses are recorded and actioned per shift.
4. Manage Production activity ensuring quality targets are met through effective use of KPIs
and Safety start up sheets are completed, with appropriate actions carried out and recorded.
5. Ensure staffing levels are correct for requirements and that Agency staff are correctly
identified and managed.
6. All C.C.P checks and paperwork are carried out on time and in full, with appropriate actions
carried out and recorded.
7. GMP and housekeeping standards audit is ready every day.
8. Provide coaching and guidance to team to enhance performance, ensure any absence and
disciplinary matters are dealt with appropriately, provide support for new hires.
9. Ensure any plant/packing issues are identified and reported to your line manager and the
10. Support N.P.D trial processes and site visits.
11. Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and processes.
12. Liaise with Engineering to ensure appropriate response and on-going maintenance.
13. Communicate and work with other departments to ensure excellent customer service.
14. Focus on continuous improvement – identify opportunities to improve functionality and
efficiency. Implement actions as part of the continuous improvement programme within the
Production department to improve efficiency and reduce non-conformances.
15. Complete any ad hoc requests from the Departmental manager
16. Night shift KPI’s and reports to be completed, ready for the morning meeting.
You will have a track record leading a production team within an FMCG environment. You will have the ability to motivate staff within a fast paced environment and you will have good organisational skills. Our client offers good scope for career progression.
10pm-6am 5 Days a week, 8 Hour shifts
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.