Night Hygiene Manager, North Wales
Location: North Wales
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Hygiene Manager is accountable for achieving the given standards of plant hygiene, chemical usage and labour costs with due regard for food safety ensuring all KPI’s within their area of responsibility are recognised. To ensure that the work instructions reflect current best practice to enable the site to meet all customer requirements.
• To effectively manage all operations within the specified sections to ensure KPI’s targets and business objectives are met.
• To ensure cleaning operations are conducted in compliance with customer specifications, whilst meeting Health and Safety, quality, productivity and cost targets
• To ensure adherence to relative legislation throughout the production process
• Establish and ensure daily, weekly and periodical cleaning schedules are maintained and regularly reviewed
• Liaise with chemical suppliers to ensure quality of service against Service Level Agreement and chemical requirements
• To ensure strip downs, deep cleans and reassembly of all equipment are carried out on a daily basis as defined in the cleaning schedules
• Implementation of new initiatives and projects with the support of Senior Management
• Supervise and audit the quality of clean and ensure non-conformances are dealt in a timely manner to ensure product integrity is not compromised
• Implement and review continuous improvement initiatives
• Control of your resources, labour and chemical usage
• Ensure accurate records are completed and implemented to provide effective administration for the purpose of external audits and due diligence
• Ensure COSHH compliance
• Adherence to Health and Safety guidelines and procedures at all times by ensuring staff wear correct PPE at all times
• Report any damage to equipment to technical and maintenance team
• Ensure consistency in the application of the companies disciplinary, grievance and absence procedures
• Ensure appraisals and reviews are carried out with staff
• Continually look to develop staff within the section to ensure that staff are fully utilising their skills
• Develop and review good working practices, SOP’s and SWP’s in accordance to the Company's policies
• Ensure compliance with the companies Equal Opportunity Policy, Recruitment and Development and the Management of Employees
• To coach and develop staff to improve individual and section performance to deliver FINISH hygiene standards
• To ensure the appropriate delegation of tasks within the section
• To ensure that the staffing levels are within the establishment and that resource is effectively utilised
• HACCP Team member
• Form part of the site environmental management team
• To actively promote a customer focussed environment
You will have a proven track record leading a Hygiene Team within the Food Manufacturing sector. You will have excellent communication skills and you will be ready to manage 2 Hygiene Supervisors and 15 Hygiene Operatives on the Night Shift.
PERMANENT NIGHTS MONDAY-FRIDAY
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.