The Food Industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them must have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Developer to join one of Scotland’s leading food producers.
The company is looking for a junior level candidate with a passion for food who is looking to start their career in the field of food product development. As a member of the NPD Team, you will be developing new food products for the major retailers. Reporting to the NPD Manager.
• Develop new recipe ideas from concept through to product launch
• Complete recipe costings from a raw material cost perspective
• Prepare and dispatch customer samples and supporting paperwork as required by the customer brief
• Assist with the completion of internal and external product specifications
• Assist with the maintenance of raw material specifications
• Support NPD as required to ensure the factory is provided with the correct recipes and support to ensure that product quality and consistency is always maintained
• Hands-on experience in working with food is essential
• Previous experience working in a development kitchen and a food related degree is an advantage
• Good knowledge of safety, quality, and legislative compliance
• Good communication, organisational and time management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail, particularly regarding food hygiene
• Excellent time management skills with a flexible approach to work
• Good IT skills (MS Office), analytical and numerical abilities
• Ability to work individually well as in a team
Hours of Work:
• Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm (Can be flexible on this)
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company
• Upto £24,000
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with Craig Russell ASAP. Contact me on 0131 226 5060.