Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician- NIGHTS, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Manufacturer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. It is also important to stress this business has been very resilient to the COVID Climate and the popularity of products shows no signs of diminishing! An opportunity has now arisen to be part of this successful business...
Responsible for the repairs and maintenance of product converting equipment, packaging equipment and site facilities
• To provide both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service for all operational equipment and site facilities
• To provide support to shift managers and all operatives
• To ensure all equipment is performing to the optimum levels
• To ensure all equipment meets acceptable safety standards
• Ensure all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard.
• Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager and being capable of acting as proxy if required
• Provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to optimum performance levels and that all departmental Service Level Agreement’s and Key Performance Indicators are met
• React in a timely manner to maintenance requests
• Follow common processes and standards within the engineering department including Safety, Quality, Environment and Security
• Responsible for the control of contractor practices, to include provision of inductions, work permits, risk assessments and method statements for contractors
• To promote health and safety awareness with all Associates and contractors.
• Communicate and work closely with third party engineers and OEM representatives
• To maximize availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement.
• Train and develop apprentices and/or other members of staff as required
• Qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline or served a full engineering apprenticeship.
• Background in tissue/paper converting, printing or similar industries
• Significant practical engineering experience.
• Proven knowledge/experience of PLCs including Siemens S5 and S7
• Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, conveyor systems.
• Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines (60/40 split)
WORKING PERMANENT NIGHTS SUNDAY-THURSDAY 10PM-6AM
The salary is £41’600, £20 per hour for 8 hours.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.