Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, East England
Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
I have an exciting new engineering opportunity located within Bedfordshire.
The role is as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer within a local FMCG business who are rapidly expanding in their product sector.
The role will pay an annual salary of £35,000 working on a Monday to Friday permanent early shift of 0600 til 1400, (40 hour week) pattern, but flexibility needed for shift cover due to business needs.
Key Responsibilities will be:
• High quality engineering support to enable continuous running of production equipment
• Rapid response to breakdowns
• Effective fault diagnosis to ensure first time fixes
• Drive line performance by focusing on bottleneck reliability & speed
• Identifying improvement areas within line engineering processes and recommending/implementing solutions
• Carrying out autonomous and preventative maintenance tasks competently and correctly and recording work competed accurately in the correct documentation
• Adhering to laid down systems of work
• Working safely within health & safety & food safety standards
• Inspections of equipment at predetermined intervals to ensure there is no risk to product from contamination by foreign bodies arising from equipment damage
• Ensure effective maintenance service is provided to the factory to minimize delays and downtime of machines.
Ideally you would be a Multi skilled Engineer with previous experience in:
• Practical experience in highly time-sensitive environments.
• 17th edition IEE Regs trained - preferred but not essential
• Experience of high volume production (food industry preferred)
• PLC knowledge (Siemens, Omron, Telemec) - preferred but not essential
• Proven ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
• Effective communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Self motivated with a proactive approach
• Can work unsupervised and make decisions when required
If you feel you have the relevant experience, personality and qualifications, please apply within.