Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Days, East Anglia
Location: East Anglia
Job type: Permanent
Are you an experienced multi skilled engineer looking for an opportunity in the East Anglia area?
Are you looking for a role where you can truly add value and are instrumental in shaping how engineering is conducted across the sites?
Our client are a well-established business, with over 50 years’ experience supplying poultry feed to UK customers. They pride themselves on high quality and aim to be the UK’s most efficient producer of consistent, high quality feed and to support their partners achieve best cost production.
The role is for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer working four on four off on a day shift (12hour days), the objective is to carry out all aspects of plant maintenance to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the mills production and intake systems.
• Proactively carry out all aspects of plant maintenance to a planned schedule
• Provide solutions and a ‘think outside the box’ approach when abnormalities occur
• Work closely with the mill team addressing breakdowns or interruptions to production
• An essential aspect of the role is the initiative to drive continuous improvement, reviewing current methodology and opportunities to improve the mills efficiency, safety, quality and performance.
• As part of your daily duties you must ensure all relevant maintenance records are accurately recorded to ensure legal compliance and to ensure a safe working environment.
• Ideally hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in both mechanical and electrical fields
• 17th Edition Certified
• Experience working within a Food and Drink, Chemical or similar environment
• You will have an excellent understanding of working with strict safety and quality control procedures and KPI’s.
• A good knowledge of Star Delta and PLC would be beneficial
• In addition you should have an understanding of Safe Isolation process
• You should also be able to demonstrate good experience of implementing both short term and long-term solutions and projects in an engineering function covering both electrical and mechanical equipment
If this role is of interest please contact Stuart Tomkinson or apply via the link below.