Our client, a manufacturing company boasting over half a century of experience in food production have notified us of two vacancies within the engineering department.
This is an excellent, permanent post with a company who maintain highly ambitious targets going forward – a brilliant opportunity for an Electrical and Mechanical Engineer.
Must be willing to work a 4 on 4 off pattern – 12 hour shifts of both day and nightshift and provide on-call cover.
• Ensuring that the production site is fully maintained, within an operable and efficient manner – keeping downtime to a minimum to meet business objectives
• Liaising with the team for specifying any issues within the production site, immediately taking action where required
• Assessing the approach and delivering insight on ways to maximise efficiency, safety, quality and performance throughout the site.
• Follow correct protocol to ensure legal compliance for establishing a safe working environment, by making daily maintenance checks and recording these records sufficiently.
• Ensure that there’s no depletion of resources and materials throughout the site by cooperating with suppliers.
• Qualification in mechanical and electrical fields at a minimum 17th edition certified
• Experience within the food and drinks sector – experience with adhering to strict quality control procedures and KPI’s
• Exemplify strong practice of executing short and long-term solutions in an engineering function covering electrical and mechanical equipment
• Must be decisive in a rapid-paced, dynamic environment – with specific attention to detail of safety standards for the site. Holding understanding of what safe environments portray in an engineering post.
What the job offers
• Basic Salary of £38,000.00
• Overtime Rate of x 1.5
• Company Pension
• Life Assurance
• Discretionary Bonus Scheme
If you feel either role is suitable for, please apply today. If you have any questions, please contact David Cockburn at D R Newitt Recruitment.